Windows registry keys should only be edited by a system administrator as it is possible to break a Windows installation if you are not careful.
This article explains how to change the mail server used by Funnelback
The mail server is used to send collection update notifications and analytics reports.
The Windows version of Funnelback uses the third-party tool blat to handle the sending of administration emails.
1. To add or update email server settings open the Windows registry editor and edit the following registry key:
This key contains the values used by blat for the sending of administration emails.
Attributes that can be set include:
- SMTP server
- SMTP server port
- SMTP server authentication
- sender address
2. Change the SMTP server string by double clicking on it and set the value to the new mail host.
Other optional keys to set include:
- Sender: The email address that funnelback sends the emails as
- SMTP Port: The port number of the SMTP server
- Try: The number of times to try sending the email before failing
3. Edit $SEARCH_HOME/conf/global.cfg and edit the following value:
The Linux version of Funnelback uses the built-in sendmail server within the Linux installation.