Managed by | Updated .
The administration interface has four predefined security roles that can be applied to a normal user:
- Edit collection settings
- Manage collections
- View collection reports
- View (WCAG) accessibility reports
These can be mixed and matched when creating a user and are designed to provide access to groups of functions usually relevant to these roles.
It is possible to customise a user's set of permission at a much more granular level if you have access to the Funnelback server backend.
|$SEARCH_HOME/admin/<username>.ini||User account information and security rules for the <username> admin interface user.|
Customise a user's permissions
- Log in to the backend of the Funnelback server (eg. via SSH or a Windows remote desktop session)
- Change directories to $SEARCH_HOME/admin/users/
- This folder contains a file for each user - following the format <username>.ini. Locate the user's file and open it in an editor.
- Locate the section labelled [security]. This section configures all the individual permissions for the user, allowing access to be granted to each feature within the administration interface.
- Set the user_type to custom (user_type=custom)
- Set individual permissions to on or off depending on whether or not a user should have access to the function.
- Save the .ini file. The user's permissions should apply immediately upon save.