Managed by | Updated .
It's often desirable to create a facet that corresponds to the collection - especially for meta collections that are made up of a number of repositories.
The collfield indexer option can be used to place the collection ID into a specified metadata field. This can then be set up as a metadata facet and will contain the collection IDs as categories.
- add -collfield=X to the list of indexer_options for each collection in the meta collection. Also ensure -ifb is added as an indexer option.
Note: replace X with a metadata class that is free across all the collections.
- It is best practice to add a dummy entry to the metamap.cfg (eg. X,0,COLLFIELD) to indicate that this field is reserved.
- Add a metadata facet based off the metadata class that you have assigned above (X in the above example).
- Reindex each of the component collections.
- Ensure the updated faceted navigation config is applied to the meta collection (see: Faceted navigation over meta collections for more information on this)