Managed by | Updated .
Funnelback collections and profiles shouldn't be renamed as there are a number of things that can be affected when renaming a collection
However, if absolutely necessary it is possible to assign a new collection ID to an existing collection.
This article details the steps required to change the collection ID.
The following describes how to do this:
- Rename $SEARCH_HOME/conf/<COLLECTION ID>
- Rename $SEARCH_HOME/data/<COLLECTION ID>
- Rename $SEARCH_HOME/admin/reports/<COLLECTION ID>
- Rename $SEARCH_HOME/admin/data_report/<COLLECTION ID>
- Delete $SEARCH_HOME/cache/<COLLECTION ID>-*
- (Linux only (all versions) and v15.8+ (Windows and LInux)) Update the symbolic links for live and offline at $SEARCH_HOME/data/<COLLECTION ID>
- Update $SEARCH_HOME/conf/<COLLECTION ID>/collection.cfg to ensure that collection=<COLLECTION ID>
- Update any meta collections that reference this collection to use the new ID.
- Update any collections that reference this collection (eg. via extra searches) to use the new collection ID
- Update relevant user.ini files at $SEARCH_HOME/admin/users/ to reference the new collection ID
- If scheduled, update cron jobs (Linux), or scheduled tasks (Windows) to use new collection ID
When you rename a collection the following things may be lost/broken/affected:
- WCAG reports
- Usage analytics
- Analytics database needs to be deleted and regenerated, or you need to use sqlite to change the collection ID within the database:
root@localhost ~]# cd /opt/funnelback/admin/reports/<COLLECTION ID> root@localhost <COLLECTION ID>]# sqlite3 reports.sqlitedb SQLite version 3.6.20 Enter ".help" for instructions Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";" sqlite> update collection set collection='<COLLECTION ID>'; sqlite> .exit