Managed by | Updated .
When working with meta collections it can be quite confusing knowing when a configuration change should be made to the meta collection and when a configuration change should be made to a component collection.
- If the change affects the presentation of results, or changes to query-time behaviour (eg. query processor options) then the configuration of the meta collection should be changed.
- If the change affects the makeup of the index (such as indexer options or options relating to the gathering of content) then the configuration of the affected component collection should be changed.
Change the meta collection's configuration files if editing:
- query_processor_options for a meta collection (ie. if your collection=meta collection in your URL when querying)
- faceted navigation definitions (see also Faceted navigation over meta collections for more details)
- templating that applies to a meta collection.
- UI hook scripts
- contextual navigation
- profile/marketing dashboard service configuration
Change the component collection's configuration files if editing:
- crawler options
- include/exclude patterns
- gscopes.cfg or kill_exact.cfg, kill_partial.cfg
- groovy filters (such as noindex rules, text miner, custom crawl filters)
- quick links definitions
- result collapsing definitions
- update workflow