Managed by | Updated .
Funnelback requires API keys in order to gather content from various social media platforms. This article describes what API keys are needed and how obtain them.
Note that this information may get outdated as social media platforms evolve. Retrieving API keys for social media platforms is usually well documented on the social media platform developer website, so it may be useful to refer to it. It is also usually documented by third-parties in blog posts or tutorial that may be worth looking up.
- Page identifier: This can be found in the page settings. Please see this article for details: https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=378910098941520
- Application identifier & application secret: To obtain these, login to https://developers.facebook.com/apps and create a new application.
- API key & API secret: Visit http://www.flickr.com/services/apps/create/apply/ to create a new app or visit http://www.flickr.com/services/api/registered_keys.gne to list your API keys.
- User identifier & group identifier: Finding these values can unfortunately be challenging. The easiest way is to use third-party tools such as https://www.webpagefx.com/tools/idgettr/
- OAuth consumer key, consumer secret, access token, access token secret: Visit https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new to create a new app and retrieve these values.
- API key: Visit https://developers.google.com/youtube/registering_an_application#Create_API_Keys to learn how to retrieve a YouTube API key
- Channel identifier: Visit https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3250431?hl=en to learn how to retrieve your channel identifier. Alternatively 3rd party tools such as https://johnnythetank.github.io/youtube-channel-name-converter/ can also be used.
Please note: Instagram is not officially supported by Funnelback.
- Client identifier & client secret: Visit http://instagram.com/developer/ to create a new app to obtain these values
- Access token: Retrieving an access token can be challenging as Instagram doesn't provide an automated way to do so. The easiest way is to use third-party tools such as http://instagram.pixelunion.net/ , or follow manual instructions from http://jelled.com/instagram/access-token